Smith LaRock Architecture is looking to fill a position for Architect / Designer II. We are a full service Architectural Design firm serving Fortune 50 clientele with their facility needs. We are a small niche firm and possess specialized expertise requiring a highly collaborative approach between clients, consultants, and our staff. We specialize in Command Center and Control Room Design. Our designs are very technical and focus on life safety for our occupants. It is a great design niche for the technical and detail minded. There is room to grow within the firm.
Architect / Designer II:
Recently licensed architect or non-registered graduate with 5-8 years of experience, responsible for daily design and technical development of projects.
Candidates with less than 5 years experience will not be considered.
Proficient to advanced Revit skills are a must
Our ideal candidate would possess the following:
- Excellent communication skills (written as well as verbal)
- A professional attitude when working in groups or individually to promote a positive atmosphere.
- The experience and confidence to hit the ground running. This generally includes assisting other project managers with feasibility reports, code analysis, production of contract documents & specs (SD to CD phases), and assisting PM with CA work (submittal, RFI tracking and review).
- Knowledge and experience pertaining to construction means, methods and techniques, and MEP building systems. The ability to speak competently with owners and consultants about those systems.
- Proficiency with industry-standard software: Revit, SketchUp, Bluebeam, MS Office (including Project), Lumion, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, AutoCAD, Project/Time Management using Ajera, etc
- Field surveying, creating as-built documents from site measurements and documentation.
- Writing and assembling full specification books and be proficient with CSI standards, terms, and Masterworks software.
Required Personal Credentials:
- Ability and Desire to travel occasionally. Time frames typically range from 1-3 days typ. and 1-2 times per month at times. Projects range from Southern/Coastal USA, West Coast, Midwest United States to Northern Canada and Alaska; some global work from time to time.
- Must be able to pass random drug and alcohol testing and/or Federal background checks as required by most of our by Clients
- The State of Colorado may allow marijuana usage but we cannot due to our client drug and alcohol testing requirements.
- The ability to pass a TSA background check to obtain TWIC credentials (this is a typical item required by our clients for site visits)
Compensation will be based upon experience, personal capabilities, and role assumed by the successful candidate. Benefits Package available once eligible that includes; 4-1/2 day work week (four 9’s + one 4), Paid time off, subsidized Health Insurance, Life and Disability Insurance, 401(k) with Company Matching, Profit Sharing Plan, and Personal Time Off. We also offer ‘at cost’ programs such as Dental and Vision Plans, and AFLAC Supplemental insurance to our employees.
Please submit a compiled PDF document to:
public [at] slarc [dot] com which includes the following:
- a letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- current resume and examples of your construction document experience
- references and contact information